The University, College and Institute Protection Program (UCIPP) originated and is administered and delivered by Risk Management Branch (RMB) of the Ministry of Finance, in conjunction with the relevant ministry. This self-insured program has been in existence since March 1, 1987 as a response to a hard insurance market (liability insurance crisis) of the mid 1980's. UCIPP and similar programs have saved hundreds of millions of dollars in premiums.
Our mandate is to provide professional risk management services for our members including:
- the provision of direct or indirect risk management advisory and loss control inspection.
- administration of UCIPP and other risk, insurance or loss funding programs, including related claims and litigation management services; and
Our core services are:
- Employees' Handbook
- Newsletters/Published Risk Advice
- Educational Sessions
- Risk Management Advisory Services
- UCIPP Consultants
- Loss Control Services
- Purchase of Insurance
- Claims and Litigation Management
- Coverage Agreements
- Administration of UCIPP Self-Insurance Component (Property, Crime, Liability)
University, College and Institute Protection Program documents contained in this system are for information purposes only. To verify the accuracy and currency of this information, please contact UCIPP at Protection.Program@bcucipp.org or (250) 356-1794.